Group Cooking Classes
See bottom of page for current offerings. Starting in the fall of 2017, Vegan Farm Stand will offer group cooking classes with a dinner featuring global, plant-based cuisine at a historic mill facility in a commercial kitchen in downtown Amesbury, MA. These are 2-3 hour cooking classes with a dinner/sit down afterwards (approx 3.5 hours total).
Classes are thematic: think Spanish Vegan Tapas, Plant-based Cooking with Adult Beverages, and Taste of (Vegan) Paris! The classes are a fun evening for couples, friends, or individuals who want to learn to cook in a lively, informative, and supportive atmosphere. You will leave with:
- A recipe book of easy-to-recreate recipes from that evening's session
- A full stomach: we eat it all after!
- Knowledge of how to use new tools and foods: what is a mandolin? What is "forbidden rice" and why would I buy it? You will find out
- New friends who will be great to explore vegan restaurants with
Private Group Cooking Classes
Interested in exploring a group class to cook your favorite foods with plant-based ingredients, but you already know exactly who you want to hang out with? Then let me organize a cooking class for you with all your friends, at the same kitchen where we cook for the group cooking classes (minimum 8 maximum 14).
Alternatively, I can also come to your home to spend 3 hours cooking with you and your friends or family (up to 5 people).
- Do you want to learn how to make 5 different vegan desserts with a bunch of your gal or guy friends?
- Do you want to get together with some friends to celebrate a wedding, a new pregnancy, or a new chapter in your life by exploring "culinary therapy" via plant-based recipes?
- Have you always wanted to host a plant-based dinner party and invite people to help you cook, but you don't know how?
Schedule of Group Classes/events 2017-2018
Every month we have new ideas: April's thematic French dinner was created because-as a Francophile who lived in France and speaks French-I thought "What is a class that would be the jam to teach?" One of VFS's students even brought a custom-created cooking soundtrack with Edith Piaf and played DJ.
Upcoming classes for 2018
May 5th: It is a "Cinco por Mayo" pop-up!
Did you know that it is almost Mexico's Independence Day? Celebrate the vibrant culture of of our neighbor to the south the way only Americans can: with tacos! This is our 5 for May pop up during Kitchen Local's Cinco de Mayo celebration on Saturday from 10 AM to 4 PM at 14 Cedar Street, Amesbury MA: 5 items.
- your choice of 2 amongst 3 plant-based tacos (tba...they are secret and amazing)
- a serving of borracho beans
- and homemade Horchata (Mexican rice-based creamy drink-of-the-gods!)
- for only 10 bucks! What a deal!
- gift certificates for VFS cooking classes available: if you buy 4 you get 1 free!
- gift certificates for vegan coaching: 4 sessions for the cost of 5.
June 2018: TBA for date: Explore the International Market dinner! Do you like spicy foods and/or exotic flavor profiles? Have you always wondered how to cook with items like tamarind, muchi curry, "regular" curry, and Thai basil? Do you question what that odd root or fruit is at the local Stop and Shop? Let's explore the ingredients together. This class will offer several dishes using locally sourced (meaning from local markets) "exotic" ingredients, some from countries that I have lived in or visited. Specifically the class will explore the cuisines of : Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, and India amongst others. Please come with a desire to learn something totally new and an empty stomach.